When was it founded: October 1955
Where is it located: 300 North Elmhurst Avenue
Has it moved: No
First Pastor or Priest: David Noreen
History and interesting stories about the church:
Without a formal organization, official pastor, or building of its own, The Covenant Fellowship of Mount Prospect nevertheless held its first worship service June 5, 1955 at Fairview School with Student Pastor David Noreen presiding. The church continued to exist independently until October 30, when the formal organization of Northwest Covenant Church took place with over 52 charter members. Although the church was officially recognized, it was still without its own house of worship. However, the purchase and April 12, 1959 dedication of a building by Northwest Covenant ended the church’s search for a permanent worship site. The next recorded pastor after Student Pastor Noreen is Clarence Agard who finished his service to Northwest Covenant in March 1967.