- Tour Guides: Tuesdays and/or Thursdays
- Accessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 – 11:30a.m.
- Event Planners: If you have any experience at planning events or fundraisers we would greatly appreciate your help.
- School Contacts: Help make phone call and set up a file with information on local schools and contacts at each primary and seconday school and at area colleges. During office hours.
- oral history (conduct them)
- digitizing of artifacts
- Volunteers are needed to help enter data on our computer!
CALL FOR INTERNS!
The Mount Prospect Historical Society would like to announce an internship program. The internships are part time, and are designed for college students. No experience is required. Interested students should have an interest in museum work, public history, collection care and a healthy dedication to the preservation of social and cultural knowledge. Successful candidates will have: at least one year of college, good written and oral skills, an ability to follow directions, Internship activities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, developing and mounting exhibits related to local history.
- Cleaning and preservation of historic artifacts.
- Local history research.
- Sorting and categorizing of artifacts and collection worksheets.
- Developing programs for area elementary schools.
- Writing of historical articles for local distribution.
The Mount Prospect Historical Society is a small but very active organization. We hold an extensive collection of printed material and a series of artifacts ranging from nineteenth century farm tools to memorabilia from local celebrities. Members of the Society are aggressively expanding our role in the community and working to make our collection a regionally recognized resource. Building on both the years experience of the Board of Directors and the enthusiasm of the staff and officers, the Mount Prospect Historical Society is one of the most quickly developing historical groups in northeastern Illinois.
To apply send cover letter and resume to:
Mount Prospect Historical Society
101 S. Maple Street
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Phone (847) 392-9006
Fax (847) 577-9660