Mount Prospect Development Association

Does MPHS have photographs: Yes

Address: 330 E. Northwest Highway

Is building standing:

What is at site:

When was business founded: 1923

Is business still operating:

If no, when did it close:

Who owned business: Founded by George L. Bussee

Interesting stories, facts, history:

The Mount Prospect Development Association was founded in 1923 by George Busse, his brothers and several friends to start developing the community. Since the original sub-development by Ezra Eggleston in 1874, there had only been one major development in Mount Prospect, which was the 1905 Busse-Wille Re-Subdivision of the original Eggleston triangle. George Busse saw an opportunity and formed the Development Association. The first major project that they undertook was the subdivision of what was left of Owen Rooney’s farm, which became known as Busse’s Eastern Addition. This doubled the size of Mount Prospect. The association went on with a series of other development projects as the community continued to develop. It was well positioned as Mount Prospect’s population began to grow rapidly in the late 1920s. From the 1920s until 1950 the population of Mount Prospect grew by an average of 120 residents a year, which is impressive when you consider that Mount Prospect’s population was 349 in 1920. In 1937 the Mount Prospect Development Association was renamed George L. Busse Real Estate, Inc. for its founder.

Switch to mobile version
%d bloggers like this: