Central School Open House Planned for May 7; Followed by Education Center Re-Dedication

The Mount Prospect Historical Society will hold a free community-wide open house for the restored 1896 Central School, 103 S. Maple St., Mount Prospect, from 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, May 7.  All are welcome to tour the schoolhouse, one of the few remaining one-room schoolhouses in the state.

Following the open house, the Society will hold a rededication ceremony for its Education Center, built in the mid-1990s and situated adjacent to the Central School and to the Dietrich Friedrichs House museum.  The public is invited to attend the rededication, as well.

The Education Center will be officially named in honor of Dolores Haugh, long-time Society president and one of its founders.  Haugh was the driving force behind the acquisition of the current Historical Society campus and the construction of the Education Center.

She and members of her family are expected to be present for the ceremony.

Switch to mobile version
%d bloggers like this: